Alpha-glycerophosphocholine or Alpha GPC is acknowledged as a choline-containing compound which remains present in various food products that seem to be active pharmacologically at a higher dose. This product is commonly marketed as a favorite of numerous athletes because of its capability to improve the production of growth hormone and for improving power output. According to a wealth of research, this compound does support its role in improving strength, improving cognitive functioning, and stimulating the discharge of growth hormone. Alpha-GPC comprises a lipid tail which allows the acceptance and combination into neuronal cell membranes.
People are suggested to take a usual dosage of 300-600 mg of alpha-glycerophosphocholine based on the standard label dosage and this dosage is according to the study done for using this compound for improving power output, which is 600 mg and a couple of studies that note an augmentation in the secretion of growth hormone is considered a decent dosage for the athletes. For the use of this compound for attenuating signs of cognitive decline, nearly all studies suggest a dose of 1200 mg regularly divided into 3 dosages of 400 mg. There isn’t any study that proves that lower dosages would be profitable for cognition but the 1200 mg dosage looks to be linked with benefits.
An overview of Citicoline Sodium
Citicoline sodium is also recognized as CDP Choline and it is a compound that possesses neuroprotective features. This is formed by cytidine and choline and in the form of a source of choline, this compound helps in the transference of dopamine, thus, enlarging its discharge into people’s brains. Though choline is helpful for the proper functioning of the brain, cytidine turns useful when you transform it into uridine.
You will find citicoline in a couple of forms;
- Citicoline free-base – This is a dietary supplement and when people supplement with citicolinenootropic, then it is known to improve cognitive dysfunction plus augment neurological recovery in different conditions.
- Citicoline sodium – This is recognized as a prescription medicine to treat neurological disorders.
Uses of citicoline
The compound citicoline is believed to be developed in Japan for curing stroke. Today, it is used in many places of the globe as a compound for dietary supplements. The highly prevalent brand name of citicoline is Ceraxon which is also vended under various other names, like Cidilin, Cebroton, and Cognizin, etc.
The benefits of choline
Nootropic choline is a vital nutrient that does support significant bodily functions as well as the overall health of people. Though every person ends up making up choline, yet they require incorporating choline-rich foods for getting it in sufficient quantities. Choline is significant for various bodily functions like:
- DNA synthesis – Choline besides other nutrients, like vitamin B-12 and folate can influence gene expression.
- Cell maintenance – The human body utilizes choline for forming fats that build cellular membranes.
- The functioning of the nervous system – The human body transforms choline into a kind of neurotransmitter that influences their nerves and plays a huge role in the regulation of automatic bodily functions, like heart rate and breathing.
- Metabolism – Choline is hugely helpful in metabolizing fats.